Thursday 24 June 2010

Nature Watch!




This blog is a bit more nature focused. In my last entry, I forgot to mention that I saw a bear on the inca trail...which is quite a big thing to forget! I´ve attached the photo but you may need to zoom in. It may not look like a bear, but its a cousin of the coati (I know this from when I lived at the zoo) and my guide confirmed that it is indeed a bear so I was very proud not only to see it but to correctly identify it as well. The keepers taught me well! It seems as though there are advantages to walking slow because bears like quiet!

Nazca flights are only going Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays due to a hijacking last week so to kill time until tomorrow, I went to Colca Canyon yesterday to see condors. They can only take off in the morning when the warm air rises through the canyon as they are very heavy. 1 x Hannah = 4 condors!

Tonight I take an overnight bus to Nazca, so keep your fingers crossed for clear skies tomorrow.