Tuesday 6 July 2010

Caribbean Capers!

I'm on Caye Caulker in Belize and internet is 5pounds per hour (yes, really!) so I'll keep this brief...Apologies to everyone who has emailed me recently- I will reply when I get to Mexico.

Caye Caulker is amazing! The water is so warm (albeit salty) and crystal clear. I've finally learned how to snorkel, because despite growing up in Bournemouth next to the sea, I didn't know how. I've realised what I was missing because I rented a kayak yesterday and saw fish like 'Dory' from 'Finding Nemo' and a starfish that was bigger than my hand. Today, buoyed by confidence in my new found skill, I am taking a snorkelling trip to see Manatees and other marine life.

Last night for dinner I had grilled lobster, before watching 'Sex and the City 2' on the beach and there is also a cake man who cycles round the island selling cakes and other treats. This truly is paradise!

I'm not uploading island pictures now because the internet is quite slow but will post photos from Mexico. There is a storm coming so hopefully I'll have left Caye Caulker before it hits as the island is tiny, flat and apparently gets flooded during storms...!