Monday 15 November 2010

Bobo, the celebrity



Bobo arrived in Bali on Saturday night along with chocolate, biscuits, magazines and cards from my two best friends- it was an exciting time! The party rings were snaffled within about 2 hours but I am showing restraint with the other foodstuffs to last me my final 20 days (eek!).

We have had a busy time so far seeing Mount Batur (Bali's active volcano), traipsed around Ubud with a load of 30-something women gripping 'Eat, Love, Pray' in their sweaty palms and learned how ducks assist in the rice growing process.



I've now been in Asia for about 4 months and as I think I have mentioned in the past, am requested to have my photo taken with locals at least once per day. For Bobo, this is a new experience and he didn't understand it at first. He was perhaps even slightly intimidated. But now, after two days, he loves it! Walking about a temple earlier today, shy schoolchildren looked as though they wanted a photo with us but were too afraid to ask. My outgoing brother simply shouted (despite us being in a temple) to them that we are happy to be photographed. Cue a swarm of about 50 schoolchildren all crowding us and trying to take our photo, shoving friends out of the way so they can be the only one in the photo, 5 camera phones pointed at us at once etc... It turned into a slight brawl and I think the temple staff were happy when we left!