Tuesday 23 November 2010

The Final Countdown



After the Gilli Islands last week, Bobo and I went to Lombok, Bali's quiet neighbour, to see 'real Indonesia'. Terraced rice paddies lined the roads, and monkeys frequently stalked our van whilst screeching. We drove to the southern tip of Lombok and stayed in Kuta, which is nothing like its Bali namesake. There is literally nothing there! It is tiny fishing village with rugged coastline, so after 3 days we got a bit bored and came back to Kuta on Bali. I like pretty scenery as much as the next girl but a beach is a beach, and Kuta Bali has lots of mullet sporting Australians to look at, which gives it the edge.



I realised today that I will be making my way home in only 10 days....10 DAYS!!! I can hardly believe it as there is still much to do, namely learn to surf! I have investigated my options and think the best way to get good fast is to do an intensive 5 day course, starting Sunday. I hope that I am good at surfing; my hand to eye co-ordination is pretty poor (which disappointed netball teachers at school) so lets see how my feet to eye co-ordination fares. I'll obviously post embarrassing photos of me wiping out on my blog next week for your enjoyment.