Sunday 24 October 2010

The Land Beneath the Wind

I'm now in Borneo and today is the first day of my last tour... mixed feelings, but mainly hunger, in anticipation of the group meal later today.

I got here on Friday after a flight where they served Ferrero Rocher (my kind of flight! It certainly beats weird ham and cheese doughnut things) and have just been relaxing, reading and catching up on admin as I won't have email access for the next week or so, whilst I hike Mount Kinabalu and visit the Orangutans.

I went to the cinema yesterday to watch 'Buried'- (laughably horrendous, watch it if you are sad and need cheering up), which ticked another travelling box of something I wanted to do while I was away (go to the cinema in a foreign country, not watch an awful Ryan Reynolds film).

Leechwatch: None so far, but it is early days still. I have my tights packed in my backpack and I am not afraid to use them, even in 30 degree weather!

Other than that, no news to report. Things are ticking over nicely.

FAO MY BOURNEMOUTH FAMILY AND FRIENDS
The Bournemouth McGuire course is next month and public speech arrangements are as follows:

Date: Saturday 13th November
Place: Millenium Flame, Bournemouth Town Square
Time: 3pm

Please go and support the new students; doing your first public speech is a terrifying but wonderful experience and they need a supportive audience. Applaud their courage and bravery for me!